Fall River, Massachusetts House Church
- Born April 11th 1966 in Portugal.
- Came to the U.S. at age 3 and lived in Fall River, Ma. most of his life.
- Became a Christian in 1982 when he visited his oldest sister in North Carolina. She was the first Christian in the family who led him to Christ.
- Married his wife Bernice, on July 2nd 1994
- Attended New England Bible Institute for a number of years, Graduated from Northwestern Theological Seminary with a Bachelors of Theology in Christian Counseling, and a Masters in Divinity. Currently enrolled in Andersonville Theological Seminary working on his Doctorates in Christian Counseling.
- Three Children: Jonathan, two step sons: Ryan and Greg
- Currently ministering as a Bi-vocational Pastor in Hope Bible Church with his house church on Wednesday nights.
- Ministering as a Christian Counselor with Hope Bible Church.
How long have you been a Christian?
I have been a Christian since 1982
How were you introduced to the Lord?
I received Christ as my Savior when visiting my oldest sister in North Carolina in 1982. I was a troubled teen searching for answers, and little did I realize God’s providence in leading me to my sister’s house. There on my knees in tears and brokenness I received the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior.
What do you enjoy most about being a Christian?
The greatest enjoyment I receive is learning God’s Word. I just can’t get enough of studying the Bible. It feeds my soul in a way that nothing else in this world can do. I also love ministering to the broken hearted and seeing people rise up with hope in their eyes.
What has been God’s calling on your life?
Besides playing the drums for a music ministry which I love and have been a part of for many years, God has given me a strong desire to teach and minister the Word of God to hurting souls. There is no greater joy then seeing God heal through His Word. I offer Christian Counseling to anyone who is in need of some godly counsel and try to offer comfort and direction to hurting souls in their time of need.
What is your favorite book of the Bible?
I would have to say it is the book of Romans. To me there is no other book that reveals the grace and mercy of God’s salvation plan to the extent that this book does. It is the whole Bible in one powerful book.
What do you most enjoy about Hope Bible Church?
First and foremost, we have the most amazing senior Pastor. Dr Morris is the most humble yet intelligent man of God I know. He has a way about teaching God’s Word that makes it fun and interactive.
Hope Bible’s uniqueness is in its format of teaching. We are a Church that is cell structured with a mindset that has a philosophical shift from:
Programs to relationships
Member to disciple-maker
Educating to equipping
“Come and see” to “go and show”
Church with cells to cell is church.
Along with this, there is a great accountability given to personal weekly reading of God’s Word, and verse memorization.
Hope Bible Church is committed to the “Great Commission” (Matt.28:19-20) and the equipping of the Saints (Eph 4:11-12; 2 Tim. 2:2).