HOPE BIBLE CHURCH – WORCESTER, MA
WEDNESDAY’S 5:30PM – 7PM
- Born March 2,1963 in Bellingham, Massachusetts
- The youngest of 5, with 2 brothers and 2 sisters
- Married to Tricia Stepanski Plouffe on September 12,1997 on Cape Cod
- Graduated from the Johnson & Wales University School of Business with B.S. in Business Management
- Has 4 nephews and 2 nieces
- Co-Owner of Golden Rule Home Care with his wife Tricia, in Worcester, MA
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A CHRISTIAN?
- I received Christ as my Savior at 6:30 pm on May 19, 1987
HOW WERE YOU INTRODUCED TO THE LORD?
When I was very young, I knew that God existed, by the creation itself. I knew that the intricate design of nature needed a Designer. But He seemed very far away and unapproachable. I was desperately trying to find meaning in my life and felt that I was a failure in every way; morally, socially, financially and more. My future didn’t look good and it was getting worse with each passing year. I felt like there was no hope.
Then, as I searched, I became aware of the gospel message of the Bible: that God loved me so much that He gave His best gift in order to have a personal relationship with me that would last forever. The most popular verse in the Bible says this in John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” I didn’t yet understand this message and had to hear it again and again throughout a period of four years before I would understand and believe it with a “saving faith”. For all those years I continued to ask, over and over again, “How can I have a “personal” relationship with the Creator?” In John 5:34 Jesus said “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. I knew that I was a sinner (“for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23) and I became aware that I personally deserved the just judgment of God. I was also painfully aware that I couldn’t pay the price on my own. I needed a Savior, an Advocate for me who was sinless and who had willingly paid the penalty for me on the cross. The Bible says in Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” The Bible also says in 1
Corinthians 15:3-4 “that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures”. This is the clearest explanation of the gospel actually is in the whole Bible. So, I believed with all my heart that Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose again for my justification on the third day “according to the Scriptures”. It is not only what the Old Testament teaches, but the New Testament reveals as well. How could I make Christ my own personal Savior? The Bible tells us this as well…Romans 10:9-13 “9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” In a moment of decision at 6:30pm on Tuesday, May 19, 1987, I “called upon the name of the Lord” in the most sincere way that I was capable of…in the very moment when I truly believed the gospel, I called upon Him and received Christ as my personal Savior.
From the very moment of accepting Christ, everything has changed. Among many other things, the Bible says that I am now a new creation in Christ…2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” My desires have changed, my outlook has changed, my eternal destiny has changed, and much more. I now have peace with God, because my sins have been forgiven. I have assurance that I have eternal life in Christ Jesus that can never be lost…1 John 5:13 “These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.” I no longer have any fear of dying. I have friends in Christ who also know Him in this intimate way. Last, but certainly not least, I have God’s Word that guides me through every path in life and is sufficient for every need. “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” 2 Timothy 3:16
WHAT DO YOU MOST ENJOY ABOUT BEING A CHRISTIAN?
- There is peace and joy in my heart knowing that I have eternal life with God in heaven when I die and no matter the circumstances of this life, the peace never fades, because I know that “love never fails”…never!
WHAT HAS BEEN GOD’S CALLING ON YOUR LIFE?
- To share the good news of the gospel so that others can know Christ as He has revealed Himself in the Bible, and so have their lives transformed and eternal destiny changed
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK OF THE BIBLE?
- The book of Romans as it is the most influential piece of literature ever written. It shows sinners how to be righteous in God’s sight, through faith in the finished work of Christ
WHAT DO YOU MOST ENJOY ABOUT HOPE BIBLE CHURCH?
- Having the chance to have my own ministry of the Word of God and to be a part of fulfilling “The Great Commission”…“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. ” Matthew 28:19-20