House Church – Sunday 10 a.m.
- Born May 9, 1950
- Lived in Pawtucket, R.I. until the age of twelve, moved to Roswell, GA for five years, moved to West Dennis, MA at the age of nineteen
- Became a Christian in 1969 through the ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ
- Married his wife, Connie, on June 21, 1975
- Graduated from Dallas Theological Seminary with a M.A. in Biblical Studies, graduated from Ashland Theological Seminary with a Masters of Divinity, graduated from Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary with a Doctorate of Ministry
- Three children: Nathan, Steve, and Chris
- Pastored for thirteen years, was the Principal of two different Christian Schools for thirteen years, Prison Chaplain for five years, Bible Institute Teacher for eight years, and currently is the Co-Founder and Co-Pastor (along with Pastor Paul Garcia) of Hope Bible Church
How long have you been a Christian?
I received Christ as my Savior through the ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ in July of 1969.
How were you introduced to the Lord?
As a child I knew that God existed from the things He had made. An incredible design demands an incredible designer. It was not until I was nineteen, however, that I discovered in a small group Bible study that God had communicated to us. His words and thoughts had been recorded for all time and for all people on the pages of the Bible. What I read fascinated my mind and fed my soul. I found that I had a voracious appetite for reading the Word of God. I no longer had to settle for simply being convinced that God existed – I now knew what He had said. One of the things He said was that we could know for certain that we are going to heaven. I John 5:11-13 says, “And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.” Romans 5:8 says, “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” These verses tell us that God was like a perfectly just judge who judged us and found us guilty, pronounced the sentence for our wrong doing and then stepped out from behind the judges desk and paid the penalty that we justly deserved.
What do you most enjoy about being a Christian?
I enjoy caring for others and teaching God’s word. I love being a pastor.
What has been God’s calling on your life?
Shortly after I became a Christian at age nineteen I felt God’s call to be a pastor and teach in a Bible College to enable others to become pastors. This intense God-given desire motivated me to go to seminary, pastor Emmanuel Baptist Church and teach at New England Bible Institute. In the summer of 2008 Pastor Paul Garcia and I began to pray about planting a church. Out of that prayer came Hope Bible Church.
What is your favorite book of the Bible?
My favorite book of the Bible is Daniel. I like the practical nature of the first half of the book and the astounding prophecies of the second half of the book.
What do you most enjoy about Hope Bible Church?
I love the co-pastor approach to ministry. Pastor Garcia has incredible leadership, vision, and the gift of teaching. He uses these God-given gifts to impact eternity.
Secondly, I love the cell-celebration format of Hope Bible Church. It creates an intimacy where strong friendships are developed and people are truly cared for in the home Bible studies. It is a comfortable place to invite your friends.
Finally, I love the leadership opportunities that Hope Bible Church offers. A church planting church has possibilities that exceed our imagination. Ephesians 3:20 says “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.”